Once you learn how to use your serger, you’ll wonder how you ever lived without it.
Serger 101 is taught by Katrina Walker. She’ll take the fear out of learning all what your serger can do. Don’t be intimidate by all those threads, knobs and buttons, learning about your serger is easy and fun with Katrina walking you through every step, button and knob.
Serger 101 will teach you all the basics, plus advanced techniques. You’ll learn:
- How to create professional seams finishes
- What stitches work best with what fabric
- How to serge delicate fabrics
- Threading a 3, 4 and 5 thread machine
- How to stitch a wide, narrow, flat lock and rolled hems
- Serger concave and convex curves
- Serger inner corners with precision
- Learn how to serge in a continuous circle
- How to secure ends for a finished look & so much more
Plus, bonus content of exploring speciality feet and how to use them with your serger!
If you have a serger that’s gathering dust in the corner from lack of use or simply curious about what a serger can do, this class is for you. Or maybe you need a refresher course on how the more challenging serger techniques (inner corners!) can be executed properly, you’ll want to take Serger 101. Come explore and learn what your serger can do. Your sewn garments, crafts and quilts will look better than ever!
- All about the ins-and-outs of your serger – what it does, how it does it, and most importantly – how to thread your serger fearlessly.
- Which stitches work best for a wide range of fabrics and designs – from delicate silk chiffons to stretchy spandex knits.
- How to create professional looking seams, seam finishes, and hems around a variety of shapes, whether corners or curves.
- Using serger stitches such as the flatlock and rolled hem to create beautiful construction details in a fraction of the time of traditional sewing.
- BONUS: Explore specialty feet and techniques for gorgeous designer details!