FOREST FRIENDS OTTOMAN
Designed by Berene Campbell
Stitch up this adorable, easy ottoman and pair it with the Forest Friends Room Divider that's featured in our Winter 2013 issue.
Top/Base: 5/8 yd printed home dec fabric, 40”
Side: 1/4 yd other decorative fabric, 40”
Coordinating cotton thread
Lightweight fusible interfacing
– All seam allowances are ¼”
CUT THE FABRIC
1. From the Top/Base fabric, cut :
a. 18 ¼ “ circle for the Top
b. 18 ¼ “ circle, subcut into two half circles for the Base
2. From the Side fabric, cut one 8” x 29” rectangle
3. From the fusible web, cut one 18 ¼” circle
ASSEMBLE THE OTTOMAN
4. With right sides together, match the short ends of the Side rectangle and stitch. Press seams open. Turn inside out and topstitch ¼” line on either side of the seam.
5. Following the manufacturer’s instructions, fuse the interfacing to the wrong side of the Top piece.
6. With right sides together, pin the raw edges of the Top circle along the raw edges of the Side piece. Stitch in place and clip curved seams.
7. Fold the straight edge of the half circle Base in ¼” and press. Edgestitch in place. Repeat with the other Base piece.
8. With right sides together, pin both half circle Base pieces along the straight edge, making sure to leave a 6” opening directly in the center. Starting at one corner, stitch a seam line about 6” long and then backstitch. Go to the opposing corner and repeat.
9. With right sides together, pin the raw edges of the Base circle along the bottom raw edges of the Side piece. Stitch in place and clip curved seams.
10. Stuff the completed ottoman to desired firmness.
Timeless Treasures, Matilda by Alice Kennedy, ttfabrics.com