Have you ever been to a sewing expo or retreat? It’s the best way to shop for fabrics, learn new techniques and make new friends. Take your vacation with us at Original Sewing & Quilt Expo.
This fall, Original Sewing & Quilt Expo is in Schaumburg, and we are too! We have a number of special events planned, and can’t wait to spend time getting to know you and sharing our love of sewing.
Watch the fun unfold in our MadLibs Sewing Relay!
Each day at the BurdaStyle/Sew News booth, we’re presenting a sewing relay in which contestants are paired with a sewing mentor (Sew News/BurdaStyle editors) and will have a short time to create a project (or part of a project). As the day progresses, each group will tag-team and have a new clue to take the project in a different direction. By the time the relay is done, one final project will result, which will be featured in Sew News magazine!
We’re looking for contestants for each day–enter today and if you’re chosen as a contestant, you’ll receive a suite of products to stock your sewing room! If you come to watch, we’ll be asking for your help to finish our clues, MadLibs style, to guide the contestants in completing the project.
The gift package will be filled with goodies, including:
- 1-year Sew News magazine subscription
- 1-year Creative Machine Embroidery magazine subscription
- 2016 Martha Pullen Internet Embroidery Club embroidery design pack
- BurdaStyle Holiday Garment pattern pack
- 1 free Craft Online University Course (up to $49 value)
- All-new Beachcomber and Hopscotch Alphabet font design collections from Creative Machine Embroidery
- Sew Caroline Weekend Style ebook
- Designer Fat Quarter Bundles from FreeSpirit
- Zipper Assortments from Coats & Clark
- Batting from Warm Co.
- Havel’s Pink Rotary Cutting Mat & 45mm rotary cutter
- and more!
We’re also hosting a Sew News project swap and BurdaStyle fashion show–check out Original Sewing & Quilt Expo website for more info!
Will we see you there?