Well-Suited Messenger Bag (project instructions page 66)
Flap Front (leather) and Flap Front (wool) pieces should both be labeled as 16" wide, not 15" as they are labeled.
Asymmetrical Fold Skirt (page 73)
Step 6 contains an error, instructing to attach the left front facing to the back waist facing, twice. Step 6 should read:
Pin the left front facing to the back waist facing with right sides together. Machine stitch the side seam.
The patterns for the Left Front and Right Front facings are too short at the waist to fit the Left and Right Front pieces. This error can easily be corrected by following the instructions below to add a simple patch to the pattern pieces:
- Place the side seam edge of the Left Front Facing pattern piece onto a piece of paper and use pins or a small piece of tape to hold it steady, then use a ruler to draw a straight line 11/8 (1 1/8, 15/8, 11/8, 11/8)" (2.8 [2.8, 4.3, 2.8, 2.8] cm) long, out from the waist edge (be sure to keep the line straight, in line with the waist edge of the pattern).
- Move the pattern piece so that the side seam is now flush with the edge of the line just drawn, making sure that the waist edge is laid straight along the line.
- Hold the pattern piece steady and trace the side seam edge and the bottom edge of the pattern piece onto the paper.
- Move the pattern piece back to the original location, making sure to line it up at the edge of the line. Tape the pattern piece down permanently and then cut out the along the drawn line. You now have a correctly sized pattern piece with the original shape at the side seam edge.
- Repeat Steps 1–4 for the Right Front Facing pattern piece, drawing the straight line (in Step 1) 11/4 (13/4, 13/4, 13/4, 13/4) (3.2 [4.5, 4.5, 4.5, 4.5] cm) long.
Laptop Sleeve (photo page 35, project instructions page 63)
Step 1: In order to get the finished size of the laptop sleeve shown, you need a 38" long piece rather than 32". This measurement is sufficient, although it cuts pretty close to the laptop size given. Add even more to that length if you prefer to have more room beneath the handle.
Woodland Cap (photo page 36, project instructions page 71)
The template enlargement percentages are incorrect. The Woodland Cap Template should be enlarged 147% (instead of 132%) and the Woodland Cap Strap Template should be enlarged 130% (instead of 123%).
Zippered Tissue Pouch (photo page 36, project instructions page 69)
Step 4: Unfold the left panel fabric and, with right sides together, align the straight edge of the left panel with the left edge (long side) of the tissue compartment lining (instead of one of the pocket lining pieces).