All of us here at Sew Daily are excited to meet you and want to welcome you to the site! We want this to be a positive, encouraging, fun place where you feel welcome and safe and above all else, we want to help build a community based on our shared passion for the craft.
In general, we want this to be a very open community and we will only intervene if absolutely necessary. However, in order to maintain a positive and safe environment for everyone, there are some simple rules listed here that we all need to follow.
1. Personal Conduct and Posting Etiquette
Debating, discussion, and even passionate disagreement is fine, but we cannot tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, or personal attacks. Posts of this kind may be edited or deleted.
- Profanity, racism, or other offensive discussions will not be tolerated. Posts of this kind may be edited or deleted. Interweave has the final say as to what does and does not violate community standards.
- We encourage you to upload your own custom avatar to help showcase your own personality. But do not upload an animated avatar, an avatar that contains nudity, or is otherwise offensive. Avatars that may be confused with staff or moderator avatars are also not allowed.
- Children may be viewing this site. Keep this in mind when posting and see Section 4 below.
- Be tolerant of “newbie” type questions and help them out. We all were new at this one time or another and we want to encourage more people to get involved with the craft. There are no stupid questions!
- Post your message in the appropriate forum area. Moderators may move your post if they feel it’s better suited to another area.
- Do not post your message in multiple forums. Duplicate posts may be deleted.
2. Protecting Designer’s Rights
- Discussion of any design is encouraged. You also may feel free to post links to photos of your own designs or photos of anything you have created from someone else’s design.
- You may feel free to link off to someone else’s design on another web site as long as the design on the other site is there legally and with the permission of the designer.
- Do not, however, post PDFs or instructions for any design, unless the design meets these requirements:
- The design must be your own original work.
- The design must not be a variation of anyone else’s work.
- You must have the rights to post/publish the design, i.e., there must not be any contracts with Interweave, other publishers, or other companies limiting your rights to publish the design.
- If you publish/post instructions for your original work, then you retain full rights to that design. If Interweave wishes to use that design in any way, we will contact you for permission first.
- If you post something which is not your own original work, or which does not meet the criteria in Section 2c above, we will remove that post from the forum.
- Do not post information on how to illegally obtain a design that is owned by someone else. Posts of this kind will be edited or deleted.
- In an effort to extend your reach and make more designers aware of what you're doing, we may share some of the
contributions you've made to the community. By posting content
(including but not limited to images) on Sew Daily,
you agree that Interweave and its community members may share it on
social media sites such as Facebook, Pinterest, or other social media
outlets that may come into existence. We may also provide RSS feeds or
widgets for some of this content, but only summaries or thumbnails,
never the full content. If we want to use your contributions for
another purpose, we will ask your permission first.
3. Advertising and Solicitation
You may not advertise or solicit for any products, services, etc. in the forums. Posts of this kind will be deleted.
- We encourage local shop owners, manufacturers, and other product and service providers to participate in the forum. Feel free to engage in positive discussion with your fellow crafters, but posting is NOT an acceptable means to advertise your product or service.
- You may include your company name and a link to your web site in your signature block, but no other form of promotion or advertising is allowed in a member’s signature block.
- Use of the private messaging system for advertising or any other kind of solicitation is prohibited.
- There are legitimate channels for advertising in the forum, on the site, and in our email newsletter. Please contact an Interweave sales representative for details.
Interweave complies with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) which applies to children under the age of 13.
- Our sites are not directed at children under the age of 13 and Interweave does not solicit nor desire to collect any personally identifiable information from such individuals. If we become aware that a person under the age of 13 is attempting or has submitted information via this site, we will notify the person and remove any personally identifiable information.
- Keep in mind that even though children under the age of 13 are not supposed to register for our site, that it is likely that they may be viewing the site and write your posts accordingly.
5. Customer Service, Technical Help, and Pattern Support
The forum is not the place to submit customer service requests for subscriptions, our online store (including digital designs), your account, or any other business-related issue with Interweave. Please visit the Customer Service FAQ section for help with these issues.
- Many of our editors and designers participate in the forums. However, for obvious reasons, they cannot answer every question about a specific design or answer every request for help. However, feel free to post your question and allow others in the community to the opportunity to help you! Our editors and designers also try to chip in when and where they can.
With the exception of your original designs that you post to the site (see Section 2d), your participation in the forum constitutes permission for Interweave to reuse, reprint, and distribute the post in any form.
- Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed. Multiple accounts undermine trust that there are real, honest people behind each account. Moderators may remove accounts that are found to be duplicates.
- The decision to edit, move, or delete a post, or to ban a user, is at the sole discretion of Interweave with prior notification or explanation to the member.
- Members who willfully or repeatedly violate the forum rules may be banned from the site. This is something we only want to do as a last resort.
- While these rules cover most common situations, we cannot anticipate everything. Consequently, we reserve the right to take actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not abused and stay a positive, fun, and safe place for everyone.
- If you see someone abusing the site, please click the Report Abuse link located in the bottom-right of any post. This sends a message to a private forum for our moderators to review. The moderators may not be able to respond to you personally and you may not see immediate action, but please know that your message has been received and taken into consideration.
The Sew Daily Forum Admins