Guide to Printing Pattern PDFs

Jan 12, 2011

Download the PDF and save the file where you will find it easily. Once the pattern has downloaded, open the file and check that it has downloaded fully. The first page of the PDF is a layout drawing of the assembled tiles; use this as a guide while putting together the pieces of the pattern.

1. Print the document as is, at 100%. DO NOT SCALE TO FIT and DO NOT CROP. The files are set up to be printed on letter-size paper (8½ x 11").
  2. To ensure that the pattern has printed at the correct scale, find the page containing the TEST SQUARE. The TEST SQUARE should be 2" x 2" (5 cm x 5 cm).
  3. To begin assembling the pattern, cut off or fold the margin on all sides of each page.

The pages are numbered in rows, so the first row of pages is numbered 1A, 1B, 1C, etc.  Line up the rows and match the dotted lines together so they overlap. Tape the pages together, using the illustrated guide to match each piece. Once complete, find your size, pin your pattern to the fabric, and follow the coordinating line to cut out or trace the pattern.

Comments

Laly Tapia wrote
on Aug 31, 2011 7:12 PM

Thanks a lot for your information!!!!!!! , now I learnt how to do it properly!!! it´s amazing I appreciate your help a lot!!!!!!!!!, Laly

sadieland wrote
on Sep 4, 2011 2:07 AM

I would like to learn how you make your dress patterns from start to finish pdf. What software is used, how to get a full size pattern drawn, how to make the pattern to print on 8.5X11" paper. How do you make e-patterns.

Linda@716 wrote
on Sep 10, 2011 9:03 AM

I'm so excited to make the road warrior free pattern, but the images won't show.  Can I send a stamped envelope for it?  Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Linda

luminita1 wrote
on Nov 6, 2012 1:55 PM

Thank you so much, it is very helpful ! :-)

Melium wrote
on Feb 11, 2013 2:36 PM

I live in europe and can only print in A4. How can i get the correct size??

nacia wrote
on Feb 18, 2013 10:03 AM

I also live in europe and i want to print one pattern how can i print it right?

KimHutcheson wrote
on Feb 20, 2013 11:15 AM

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

KimHutcheson wrote
on Feb 20, 2013 3:00 PM

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

wayan rasti wrote
on Mar 15, 2013 11:40 PM

emmamax wrote
on Apr 26, 2013 3:01 PM

Thank you - now perhaps I will do it all correctly.

Thomasaj wrote
on Jul 23, 2013 10:44 AM

hi I also live in Europe and only have a4 paper how can I get the right size thanks

An Nhien wrote
on Apr 30, 2014 9:26 PM

Thank you so much!

on Jul 13, 2014 12:50 PM

For those who live in the UK, try contacting this site's Customer Service, or Help. Both are located at the upper right corner of the page. You might try looking for help also on Pinterest. There are millions of sew-ers from all over the world who are Pinterest members, and there's most likely someone/something there that can help you. Also try asking someone at an electronics or computer site or store. Good luck, I hope you find help!  :-)

on Jul 13, 2014 12:51 PM

on Jul 13, 2014 12:51 PM

on Jul 13, 2014 12:51 PM

on Jul 13, 2014 12:51 PM

on Jul 13, 2014 12:51 PM

on Jul 27, 2014 8:55 PM

Specialty Decorative Designs Sewing Projects

Hello, my name is Rentia Fay Henry

. I am proud annoying my business "Specialty Decorative Designs Sewing Projects".  I am selling and making pillows and tote bags. These are all handmade and are great!!!  I make my pillows and decorative tote bags with a variety of sizes and fabric.

I'm Rentia Fay Henry and I have cerebral palsy. With cerebral palsy it is difficult for me to find a normal job in the community. I like to work at home and do arts and crafts I will do my best to do a good job with pillows and tote bags. Again, you may happy me and  I will make tote bags for you.

Because it helps me to share my products. I do a great job with my pillos and tote bags. I want people to know products are great I sell my tote bags and pillows make myself. I intend to make this business my own design. I also produce sewing products that other people choose. These pillows and tote bags are great products to sell out in the community this is important to me.

I stuff these pillows. I have a selection of different pillows for you to choose from. I have different colors and fabrics. If you desire a specific color or fabric, you can bring the fabric to me and I will sew the pillow to specifications.

The pillows I make are used for, couches, beds, wheelchair, cars, and anywhere you need the comfort of a pillows. My pillows are also designed to use for your dog to sleep on...

If you are interested in buying pillows and tote bags of any style or colors please feel free contact me LEAP Department e-mail address: renita.fhenry@att.net .

noperhapsyes wrote
on Oct 19, 2014 12:04 AM

Thank you so very much! This is my first time working with pdf patterns so I was a bit confused.